Elms Resources

Buildings

Of Chapels, Belfry and Bell The Elms First Chapel The heart of any mission station must be its chapel, so we can be sure that soon after Alfred and Charlotte Brown arrived at Te Papa work began on a place of worship...
Read More
Other Buildings Coach house Plans show a building on this site from as early as 1852. This kauri building has a steeply pitched gable roof featuring scalloped bargeboards and turned finials. The original shingles have...
Read More
Archdeacon A.N.Brown's Library     The building of greatest historical and architectural significance on the former Te Papa Mission Station site now known as The Elms is the small, free-standing library....
Read More
Mission House   The Brown family homes: from raupo to weatherboard On New Year's day 1838 Alfred Brown and his family left the Bay of Islands for the Bay of Plenty aboard the mission schooner Columbine....
Read More

Contact Us

Call us on (07) 577 9772, or send a message using the form below

Contact form submitted.